Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Gay Hell Again! (Part 2)


And here we sit, broke down on the side of the road in broad daylight. I knew if I gave in and went again something would happen. It always does.

Chrissie pops the hood and gets out in her pink pantsuit with matching pink shoes and pink nails. At least she has on her flats today.

As she leans under the hood, a highway patrolman swerves over and parks in front of us. Here we go, I moan, Gay Hell Again.

Chrissie looks up at me and starts laughing knowing that it embarrasses me. Infuriated, I jump out of the car and waylay the officer asking if he has a phone I can use. As I follow him back to his car I smirk at Chrissie on the way.

I phone my sister stating, “Lori, me and Chrissie are broke down on Hwy 90, can you come get us?” Laughing she says, “I told you something would happen; it always does”.

Thanking the officer, I get out of the car. As I pass Chrissie who is still under the hood tinkering, I mutter “that pantsuit does absolutely nothing for you” and “don’t ask me to go again, just don’t”.

Copyright © Robin S Stevens 2007

No comments: