Thursday, April 26, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

Robert called and told me he had something that I needed...(no not that...something else).





He had seen my lopsided "swooping in the middle"
entertainment center and knew I was needing a new one.It was in pretty pitiful shape (after being in storage and having boxes stored on it there was considerable cosmetic swooping damage not to mention the dust). I SAID DON'T MENTION THE DUST!


The new entertainment center is much nicer and made of cherry. Robert brought it over while I was at work and set it on the carport. I asked him how we would get it in the house and he said we could. It looks pretty heavy to me!




A couple of days later, Robert and my brother-in-law attempted to get it in the house by dolly ( I had opted out of the transferral of furniture to the living room).






First they had to lay it over on the dolly....









It is so heavy...





Then through the doorway...



Then over the step...
Then (to make a long story short) they got in the house and it was too tall on the dolly to stand up and they had to bring it back out, take it off the dolly, I attempted to pick up one end with Robert and could not even lift a corner. Then my sister helped Robert pick up his end (she could lift it--WOW) and the three of them carried it into the house with much huffing, puffing, grunting, and exasperation and finally got it on the wall it was to go on with only tearing a small piece of paneling off the wall!





It does look much better than the older one that swooped so much...








Thanks so much Robert (but now I need a bigger TV) !






On another note, tomorrow night I go to the good old OMNI hotel and the Breakfast Club for our girls night out! I am so excited to get to dance (we've decided on Buttery Nipples for our preBreakfast Club drinks) I can't wait!

Then Saturday evening I look forward to eating at the Best Cellar (early birthday dinner)! Thanks Robert, I can't wait to eat the raspberry duck!

Sunday I'll be back at work on my birthday! I will enjoy finishing up my weekend with Hospice and those who I love to care for.

12 comments:

Angel said...

Happy Birthday!!!

ya, that is a little "swoopy" but the new one is nice!!!
a buttery nipple, huh? Just what is that?

Anne Brooke said...

What a life you lead for sure! Hope you enjoy your birthday celebrations!

Hugs

A
xxx

Michelle Ann said...

I used to have an entertainment center like that.... Let's just say we could not appreciate the "entertainment" factor everytime we had to move the monster.....

Lisa Vella said...

Happy Birthday, Robin! I hope it is everything you want it to be!

Have fun!

Lisa

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Wow. That is true devotion, and the new piece of furniture looks great.

Happy birthday, and I hope the next year brings everything you want into your life.

MJ Tam said...

Happy Bday!!! Ok, now I have to check the link to Buttery Nipples! lol

btw - thanks for visiting my site, and I'm glad to have found yours.

Don't be a stranger :-)

winterssoulstyce said...

happy birthday miss lady :)!

Robin said...

Thanks for posting !!!

I'll be coming to visit everyone via blog on Tuesday when I wind down from the birthday / work thingy! Had a gret time last night at the Breakfast Bar and the OMMI hotel (Loves those comfy beds after a night of dancing.)---Tonight, I eat the duck...yum!

Robin said...

On rereading my comment...you can tell I didn't get much sleep last night. It was a great girl's night out!

mindy said...

happy birthday fellow taurus!! (mine's may 10!)
i agree a new tv is in order! :)

Anonymous said...

Robin, I`m glad that you liked the entertainment center . I really enjoyed taking you out for your birthday , and yes that rasberry duck was just as good as you said it was.
I hope that we can do it again for your birthday next year toooo.Maybe a more romantic evening next time , with maybe a roaring fire too............Robert

Anonymous said...

That entertainment center is lovely but a bitch to move - lol My hubby looks great in the pictures. He really enjoyed moving the monster, too - NOT ha ha Love ya, Lori